Sunday, August 22, 2010

Soccer Monkey

Shaun was out of town this weekend, so I had a great time spending quality time with the kids. Yesterday was a Rhett day (Grammy and Poppy were thrilled to keep Emma for the day). We started with Target which included a run through the toy aisles. Rhett picked a sock monkey, but for some reason calls him "soccer monkey" even after I tried to explain to him that he was called sock monkey because he is made out of socks. I don't know what the deal is, but he loves his stuffed animals lately! He gives them so much love, and it is just precious! I think it's almost time to introduce him to the Beanie Baby collection in the attic.



After Target, we hit up the bookstore and Chick Fil A. I must have wore him out because I had to wake him up from nap at 5:15! Then, we "cooked" dinner together which consisted of peanut butter, honey, and banana crackers with strawberries.

I love this picture because you can see his correctly completed Busy Bugs card. This is a wonderful game for kids his age. He also insisted on wearing his winter cap!



While Emma was napping, Rhett wanted to read books in my room. Just when he got all settled on the "reading" chair, he insisted he needed his sunglasses to be able to read the books.



And, here is a picture of what Emma is doing while I am typing! If you noticed her scratch, don't worry because I did too and promptly clipped her nails this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment