The kids have been so well-behaved and fun this week, and I am eternally grateful since it's a very busy week at work and Shaun has been out of town. After dinner yesterday, Emma and I followed Rhett into his playroom and sat on the couch to talk to him and watch him. As he was going through a toy box, and was completely unprovoked he said "just leave me alone." (I was shocked, laughing to myself and thinking "which kid at Mothers Day Out or the new babysitter's house taught you this?") So, I said, "okay Emma and I will just go sit in the living room then and watch TV." To which he responded "why?" I'm pretty sure I just looked at him and said "huh?" So, I'm not sure if he even understands the "just leave me alone" phrase, but I have a feeling Emma will comprehend this phrase at a much earlier age...watch out Emma, your big brother is learning all sorts of wonderful things these days.
Shortly thereafter, I caught Rhett happily amusing, playing with, and loving on Emma. He even let me take pictures, but I had to bribe him back into action by saying that he won't get to be on the computer (meaning this blog) if he doesn't get back in the pictures with Emma (you guessed it, he tried to pull the "I'm too busy" for pictures routine).
No comments:
Post a Comment