Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Real Reason the Dinosaurs are Extinct...

I was so excited when Rhett brought home his first Scholastic Book Club order form from school! There was no way I was going to pass up a book titled "Why Dinosaurs Love Underpants." First of all, very few people call them "underpants." But, that is what Rhett calls them (even though he refuses to move out of diapers and into underpants) thanks to my mom who used this terminology when she introduced him to the wonderful world of underpants. And, if you really wanted to know how dinosaurs became extinct, you should read the book. But, I'm guessing most of you don't have access to the Scholastic Book Club, so I'll just tell you...basically, the cavemen wore underpants and the dinosaurs liked them. The dinosaurs took all the underpants from the cavemen and fought each other over them. They fought so hard that they became extinct. Weird, I know, but that is what Rhett has learned from this book.

His other books from this month included Knuffle Bunny, Click Clack Moo Moo (my favorite of the bunch), and Corduroy. If I haven't mentioned this already, Rhett LOVES reading! If it's naptime or bedtime, he lets us read to him. Any other time of the day, he likes to read to himself. He always has a stack of books next to his chair in the living room, and he spends at least 30 minutes every day flipping through his books. He knows all the titles, and he remembers the stories well enough to actually read the books to himself.



Here's Emma in another Zandy Zoo's outfit. It's funny how something can be so cute on the rack, and then not quite as cute once it's on the baby. But, then on the flipside, there are some things that don't look quite so cute on the racks and turn out really cute on the baby. Not much new going on with her, but she's usually pretty happy!





Oh, and watch out. This weekend I was told that both the boys in our house will be growing out their hair...should make for some interesting holiday pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment