So, to kick off September 3, Rhett made cupcakes with Miss Casey for Grammy's celebration.
Then, Grammy surprised Rhett with a Nederland jersey. Then, she took him to the high school pep rally, AND they went to the football game. I heard that he had a blast and was really into the cheers, "GO, DOGS, GO!"
Somewhere in between all that, we celebrated Grammy's birthday at Taco Rey with additional family members. Emma wasn't very excited about Taco Rey at first, but she decided to give Grammy some smiles since it was her birthday and all.
Kendall's birthday party was on Saturday, and they had a huge waterslide. Rhett was scared at first, but after he cried for awhile, he finally went down the slide by himself. After that, he couldn't stay off the slide. He's got several 'shiners' because the ladder was slippery. When a kid slipped on the ladder, he/she knocked everyone else down as they fell. This happened several times, but the kids had so much fun, they never cried about it. If we're lucky, the slide will still be set up tomorrow and Rhett can get a couple more rides in.
Emma wore her first bikini to the party, but I guess she just wanted to sun bathe. She cried when she got in the water.
Funny comments from Rhett while walking to get the mail today...pointing at a for sale sign he informed me that it was a square stop sign...and, he picked a weed, called it a flower, and told me that it kinda smells like grapes! That same weed made it's way back into our house. I was watching Rhett play, and I saw him put the "flowery" side in his mouth. Of course I immediately told him to take it out. That's when he got really upset because apparently, as he told me, they do this on Horton (think of the book cover to Horton Hears a Who because that's exactly what this weed looked like).
Love all the pictures! I read alot and caught up with all that is going on with you and your beautiful family. Miss you and love you!
ReplyDeleteLauren