Thursday, October 28, 2010

6 Months Already

I cannot believe that Emma is 6 months old! She does not have any teeth, she cannot sit by herself, she is nowhere near crawling, and she can't roll over from her stomach to her back (she's got back to stomach mastered). I'm not complaining about any of these things, although with all the sickness in our house, it would have been nice to get some teeth out of the way at the same time.

She's still a good sleeper, but not as good. She is sleeping about 10.5 hours at night. She likes to eat, and she especially likes bananas, pears, and apples. Her least favorites seem to be peas followed by the other veggies. She loves her exersaucer and jumperoo. She just recently learned to repeatedly jump in the jumperoo, and she loves it! She has started intentionally splashing in the bathtub, which is hilarious because her eyes get really big and she slams her whole arm down into the water. She has a new found fascination with the walls in our house. I'm surprised she notices them, but if you put her near one of our walls, she will desperately try to grab hold of it...which of course doesn't work, because it's a wall. Today, she surprised me because she cried when I walked away from her at the table. I know that she cried because she couldn't see me, so I guess her brain is beginning to understand some more complex concepts.

I'm thinking we will quickly see her moving through the milestones over the next couple of months...it's exciting, but I wish I could freeze time so I could have my baby forever!! And, maybe it's horrible, but I am not ready for her to start moving around the house (crawling, walking, etc.).



No comments:

Post a Comment