Now that the kids go to a babysitter's house during the days, it's always interesting to see how the conversation unfolds on our way home. For weeks I have been asking Rhett the names of the kids in his class at school. He always tells me he doesn't know any. Finally, yesterday, he told me he only knows Justin. I asked him if he plays with Justin, and he said no. I asked why, but of course he just said that he doesn't play with him. I asked him who he plays with, and he said "I don't play wiff nobody." At this point, I would think Rhett should know the other kids names. There are only a handful of kids in class. It's probably time for me to touch base with the teacher. Also, Ms. Brooke is apparently working on Rhett's whining by telling him she won't talk to him when he talks that way. I guess I've been clueless because I just thought the whining was normal for a 2 year old.
Also, on the way home yesterday, Rhett was playing with the car door handle, windows, and locks. Of course I freaked out and put the child safety locks on. Then, I wanted to let him know how dangerous it was, so the conversation went like this:
Me: Rhett, if you open that door, you will fly out of the car.
Rhett: I will have wings and fly out??
Me: No, you don't have wings. You will fall out of the car.
Rhett: Then, you will just pick me up and take me home??
Me: It's very dangerous, and you will get hurt.
Dang, I can't think of a better, more urgent way, to explain this to him!
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment