Monday, October 18, 2010

Enjoying the Outdoors

We took Emma and Rhett to the park yesterday. We fed the ducks, played on the playground, had a picnic, and then played on the playground again. This was Emma's first trip to the park.





On Saturday we decided that Rhett needed to practice his sports a little bit, so we set up the soccer goal (he also got shin guards, but he wanted to take them off as soon as we put them on). I love this picture because you can see the anticipation in his body before the ball rolls into the net.



Rhett requested a trip to La Suprema Friday night to kick off the weekend. Before we left, we realized the kids had matching shoes on, so we had to get a picture. Notice the bow in Emma's hair. She stole it from the store by hiding it in her stroller seat while shopping with the girls. It's funny because she picked a color that happens to match several outfits!



I think we "eat out" too often because Saturday morning (after Friday night's La Suprema), Rhett said "can we go to a restaurant?" We actually had plans to run by Subway while we were getting some car work done. Unfortunately, the timing didn't work out, so I had to come up with something, and I told him that Subway was closed. Then, he insisted on Rancho Grande (yes, another Mexican food place), and I told him it was closed too. He then said "Rancho Grande, can you please please PLEASE be open?" So, I said, what are you going to eat there, and he said chicken nuggets and sauce. Well, that made it easy, I convinced him that Chick-Fil-A (Chicka Fway) would be a good idea. The best part was that Emma really enjoyed herself. She started laughing at every kid that walked by us!

No comments:

Post a Comment