Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Get ready for a variety post. First, we got out Christmas decorations up this past week. Here's the tree with matching stockings (purchased these last year the day I found out we were having a baby girl)!





The outside of our house looks really great too, so I'll get a picture soon. We've also been playing with our "Elf on the Shelf." He was officially named "Buzz" this year, and Rhett doesn't really like him. He likes finding him every morning, but when we tell him that "Buzz is watching and reporting to Santa," he usually says something about not liking Buzz.

On Saturday, Emma woke up with tooth #2!! I have to mark these milestones in the blog so that whenever I make time to work on the baby book, I can refer to the blog for all of the important dates. Anyway, on Saturday we got ready in the morning and headed for the mall to see Santa followed by a trip to Barnes for an Olivia Christmas reading. We thought it was odd that Rhett fell asleep in the car on the way there (he never sleeps outside of nap and night), but just figured he was making up for the early wake up...um, no, he was and still is sick! Apparently, while Shaun was standing in line for Santa he announced that he was going to throw up...they made it to the bathroom just in time. You know you have a child that's been sick too many times, when at 2 years old they can give you enough warning to make it to the bathroom in time. Then, Rhett insisted that he still wanted to go to the Olivia story. He's sick all the time, so we just said "okay." Plus, we were wondering if his tummy was just a little off because we didn't notice a fever. Here are brother and sister paying attention to the story...I know it's a horrible picture, but it's evidence of Emma's first storytime.



On Sunday Shaun, Grammy, and Rhett went to see a Christmas Train that stopped in Beaumont. The camera battery died after the first picture. I was so pumped about opportunities to get pictures this weekend, and it just didn't work out. Santa was on the Christmas Train, but Rhett was the "only" kid that refused to sit on his lap. We are going to try one more time since Emma needs her first Santa picture anyway. Hopefully, the third time will be a success.



Funny thing from this weekend. We went to lunch with Grammy and Poppy. There were onion rings and Rhett decided to try one...he quickly informed us that he doesn't like the onion, but he likes the ring. Ewwww, gross. That's just batter dipped in ranch and completely not okay!

Today I took Rhett for his fifth or sixth doctor visit this fall for swollen tonsils. The time has come, the tonsils and adenoids will be coming out on December 31. What a way to ring in the New Year, but I must say that I am relieved that hopefully we will be putting all of this behind us.

No comments:

Post a Comment