Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rock N Roll Rhett: Take 2

There was a previous blog post over the summer that showcased Rhett with his guitar. He is so stinking cute with this thing, that I couldn't resist another shot. I especially like his safety goggles. Must be something new in the Rock N Roll world that I don't know about.



It had been so long since Rhett played independently in his "toy" room, and he shocked me by doing it one night this week. Literally, he played for a good thirty minutes without requiring my presence. I didn't even mind the horrendous mess. Looking at all of these toys makes me wonder why we bought anything for Christmas, since he barely plays with the mounds of toys we already have!!

Other Notes About Rhett

I don't think that I mentioned earlier, that we considered him officially potty trained just before Thanksgiving. We had tried in the summer, but hit some roadblocks and had to put it off for a few months. Given the variety in his day-to-day routine, I wasn't sure how he would do or how long it would take, but he proved more than ready to master this BIG BOY skill.

He has 2 favorite books right now. I only read him 3 books each night, and I have to read those 2 every day, so I only get to add 1 for variety. One book is There's a Wocket in My Pocket which is hilarious, and I don't mind reading it (plus, I picked it out at Half Price Books). The other is Little Bunny's Bathtime, which I did not pick out at the store. I remember Rhett nearly stealing this book about a year and a half ago. For whatever reason, he had to have this book and wouldn't put it down despite my efforts to refocus his attention on much better selections. It was overpriced (even for Half Price Books), and it has a horrible message (little bunny didn't want to take a bath at bathtime, but then changed his mind when his siblings were having fun in the bath so his mom made a special bath just for him and smothered him with attention....ummm, no, if you don't listen, you don't get something "special"). It's just so funny that he was so attached to this book when he was 1 and selecting it at the store, and now he's almost 3, and it's a favorite despite my pleas for him to pick something different to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment