Thursday, December 2, 2010

We Love Mommy's Big Chair

I INSISTED we get a big recliner/rocking chair in our new house. I know they are not stylish, and they might break easily, but they are the best kind of spot for sitting. And, I think I made a good choice since it is always the most coveted chair in the house.

Rhett wanted me to sit with him yesterday, but of course I had Emma too. This is how excited Emma gets to sit in a chair with her big brother. She was extremely tired and grumpy, but her whole demeanor will change when Rhett gives her attention. It will be so interesting to watch their relationship develop over the years.



Okay, and I have to be honest. We are really really really in the thick of the terrible 2's. Instead of working on this blog, I really should look at effective methods for handling tantrums and toddlers that don't want to sleep in the middle of the night. Everyone focuses on the lack of sleep with a baby, and no one ever warned me about the lack of sleep with a toddler. Seriously, for at least a year and a half, I maybe needed to comfort Rhett in the night five times...now it's multiple times a week and sometimes multiple times a night. Any suggestions???

It's been a crazy week since we got back from PA. We haven't gotten around to Christmas lights or decorating, and I'm not sure that we'll have time this weekend. And, we have gone two days knowing that there are some little creatures up in our attic without setting any traps or calling in a professional. That being said, Shaun has explored the attic and plans to set traps tonight. It's very creepy hearing little scratching and scurrying sounds coming from your ceiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment