As previously mentioned, I need this blog to track milestones. And, I think Emma really understood and accomplished clapping her hands last night. They didn't always make the clapping noise, but she definitely worked to get her hands together. It's so funny watching her because I feel like I can see her brain working in the facial expressions that she makes. I don't remember noticing this with Rhett, and I'm sure he did it, but for some reason I really notice when Emma is trying to immitate something. She's also rolling a lot these days. It's so funny when she's grumpy and whining. I'll start trying to help her and pick her up, and she'll just roll away from me whining the whole time.
Quick funny Rhett story. His newest round of medications don't seem to taste very good. So, I gathered him up, took him to CVS and asked them to add flavor. He picked bubblegum. When we got to Grammy and Poppy's afterwards, he told Poppy he got bubblegum. Poppy said "but, you don't know how to blow bubbles." For a good two minutes, Rhett explained to Poppy that it's not real bubblegum, but bubblegum flavor. I wish I could recount the exact words he used, it was something like "it's not real bubblegum. It just tastes like bubblegum. You know? They just put the stuff in there, but it's not the real bubblegum." Anyway, it was a lot of sentences, and he was so serious in trying to make sure Poppy understood what he was saying.
Last night we invited the neighbors over for pizza. Rhett almost threw a tantrum having to wait until they come to our house. He was so excited. It was also the first time that I really noticed him "playing with" instead of "playing beside" the kids for an extended period of time. It was a lot of chasing, screaming, and "roaring," and they made a huge mess, but it was definitely worth it.
We are so excited getting ready for the holidays. I am considering taking Rhett to The Nutcracker with some friends of ours...just trying to decide if it's worth it knowing there is a 50/50 chance we'd wind up walking out within 30 minutes if he can't sit still. He still doesn't want to sit on Santa's lap, so I may have to sit with him. If that's what it takes to get him on Santa's lap, then I will gladly do it! I sorted and wrapped Christmas presents yesterday. Those who know me well, know that I get really impatient for presents! Now it has nothing to do with presents for me, but with the presents for the kids! With Rhett's January birthday, I feel like it's been so long since Rhett got a stack of multiple presents.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment