Sorry, no pictures this time, but I feel we have already posted plenty of "3 year old" pictures over the last week and a half.
Rhett had his 3 year check up yesterday. He weighs 33 lbs (80th percentile). He is 38 1/2 inches (70th percentile), and his BMI is in the 45th percentile.
Since we have started using a new pediatrician, Dr. Bartz, he didn't have very much background information on Rhett. So, he had to ask me if he's ever had any developmental delays to which I clearly responded "no." Then, he asked if Rhett is a slow talker. In my head I was thinking "are you kidding me? He never stops talking, and he never stops explaining things to us." Then, I realized that Rhett hadn't said a word because he was shy for the doctor. Dr. Bartz said that at 3 years old they started really identifying people's gender. So, he asked if Mommy is a girl or a boy....Rhett go that question correct. Then, he asked Rhett if he [Dr. Bartz] was a boy or a girl. Rhett really wanted to say girl, but he didn't every fully say it. Dr. Bartz repeated the question, and this time Rhett answered "a grown up." It was pretty funny.
We talked about the allergy medicine dilemma, and it looks like we'll be trying Singulair next. Then, Dr. Bartz indicated that Rhett has a slight heart murmur, so he is scheduling us a visit with the pediatric cardiologist. Honestly, I'm not too concerned as I know Shaun has/had this, but I am not really looking forward to the doctor appt.
Here are some things that Rhett likes at 3 years old...
TV: Olivia, Wonder Pets, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and Phineas and Ferb
Activities: Jumping in his bouncer, riding his 4-wheelers, watching his DVD player, dancing to his CDs, turning off the lights and using only his flashlight, and he's just recently started playing in his room.
Books: ALL BOOKS! The Llama Llama series and Going to the Dentist (he's since realized that he needs to brush his teeth after he eats sugar)
Food: If you ask him what his favorite food is, he'll say "peanut butter and jelly." He also loves fruit snacks, vanilla ice cream, mac and cheese, and "wowwypops" (aka lollipops)
Words: He probably knows almost as many words as I do. This week he surprised me by using "absolutely" and "antibiotics" in sentences.
Things to work on: holding a pen/pencil correctly then starting to write his numbers and letters and counting to 20 (he pretty much jumps from 11 to 16 to 19 then 20). Oh, and I guess we need to work on eating veggies and fruits!!
Songs: A lot! ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, some school song that cracks me up because it's funny hearing the words come out of a little kid's mouth "I'm too young to march in the infantry, shoot the artillery, ride in the cavalry. I'm too young to fly over land and see, but I'm in God's army, yes sir!"
His "Awesome" Skills: He can state his birthdate (January "eighteenph") and his address with city and state.
He is and has been on way too many medicines this year. The other day I told him he only needs eye drops. He responded "not my antibiotics??" (Caught me way off guard) I replied "no." To which he said "that's because I feel all better, so I don't need the antibiotics anymore." Umm, not exactly, it just wasn't time to take the antibiotics.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment