Despite the looks of things, he was actually very happy to share his couch with his sister.
This is a good picture because it shows off several gifts at the same time...the DVD player with headphones (a perfect gift because he stays quiet, and we can use the time to catch up on our DVR shows all while being in the same room), the "One Fish Two Fish" converse shoes, the Cars couch, and the squirrel t-shirt (although I'm pretty sure it's a chipmunk).
Here are a few recent conversations with Rhett...
On his birthday, I said: Rhett please don't get any older.
Rhett: What will happen when I get big?
Me: Well, you will need to find a girl that can be a good mommy. Then you can be a daddy, and you can have your own children and your own family.
Rhett: Well, when I get big, I am going to find you mommy because you're the best mommy. Me: You know, you're right. That's a great idea.
Yesterday, he came to Shaun with him notepad and pen. The pen was stuck, so he asked Shaun to get it out. He told Shaun "I need to get the pen, so I can write a list of the "aminals" names, then I can be the doctor and take care of them." Note: we have never talked about veterinary things with him. Nor have we talked about adding our name to the list at the doctor.
Shaun and I were talking, and Rhett really needed to talk to me. He got right in my face and made the motion of something small (with his thumb and his index finger lined up with a small space). He said "Mommy, turn down the talking for a minute. I need to tell you something." We still let him interrupt, but it looks like we're going to have to teach "don't interrupt" manners soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment