Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tantrums Appear to be Gaining Momentum and Frequency

As Rhett approaches his third birthday, he is finally giving us a real taste of the Terrible Two's which is CLEARLY going to extend into his Three's. I would say we have significant meltdowns around 5 times each day. To give you an example of how these usually go, let me recount an incident from this morning (warning: it's a story about making pee pee on the potty, don't continue reading if you don't think these kind of stories should be on a blog).

Rhett needed to go potty shortly after waking up this morning. I was pretty busy with Emma, so I said "well, you're big and you can do it by yourself. I'll just watch." (This is the way we normally do it, since he can grab a stool to stand on, and he's good to go.) Since I suggested it, he didn't want to do it by himself, so I said "okay, I'll help you. I'll just lift you up a little bit like we do in the night time." Then, he started his good long morning pee, almost immediately he started crying saying "I don't want to do it like this. I want my stool. Put me down." I told him I can't put him down because his pee pee is coming out, and it will get all over his clothes. As soon as it was done, he was still mad and crying and ran to get his stool (all the while with his pants down by his ankles nearly falling over). Once he got himself set up with the stool (it took several tries to get up on the stool with his pants down), he was upset because there was no pee pee coming out. After I told him that it's because he just went to the potty, he was upset all over again crying and saying "pee pee where are you? Please come out."

Seriously!?!? Like I said, we go through things like this about 5 times a day...

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh what a good laugh you gave Grammy. One of the funnies I can pass on goes this way
    Rhett.. Grammy, whats your name
    Me.... Jenelle
    Rhett... You're suppose to spell it.
    Me... J e n e l l e
    Rhett..He thinks for a min. and says, Thats right, good job Grammy. He's sooo funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one Gram. It's also funny when he tells you that you can come to his birthday party even though you're not three!!

    ReplyDelete