Anyway, recently she started doing more things with her hands. In addition to clapping (mastered at 6 months), she waves, tries to do Itsy Bitsy Spider, and throws both hands above her head for "So Big." She's a great eater (I guess that's evident by her size). I'm working on giving her more table foods. This week she enjoyed a little Chick Fil A with us and sampled a french fry, whole wheat bun, and chicken. I'm pretty sure that she has her first word. It's "hi." So cute. But, of course she usually goes around saying "da da da da."
In addition to ear infections, she has been bombarded with teething. I'm pretty sure one of her top middle teeth has cut through the surface (which means she has 5 teeth). She won't let me touch her gums right now, and I don't blame her since I can see at least 5 more bulging spots. It's like all her teeth starting coming up at once, and I can tell it really bothers her. Rhett's came in a little more spaced out, so he wasn't nearly as grumpy as she seems to be.
Anyway, we love our baby girl, and we're getting excited thinking about the birthday celebration in 2 months.
In this picture, she is trying to play with her toys. This will happen for about 5 minutes...
...then, she will see me, and throw her body to the ground trying to get me, but since she can't crawl, she just gets mad. So, these two pictures are a great example of what happens every 5 minutes at our house!
We were so proud of Rhett the other night. He independently cleaned up the toy room so that he could do his alphabet puzzle. I know there aren't many pictures of him these days, but he does NOT want to pose for pictures. So, this is the best I could get.
Of course Emma wanted in on the action, but as little sisters will do, she just messed everything up!
Once again one of the only other pictures of Rhett involve him sitting with his DVD player. It's not like he watches that many movies, it's just the only way to get a picture. His favorite movies these days are WallE and Madagascar.
Oh, and he is always busy decorating the house for birthdays. Lately, he has been asking for tape and hanging things all over the house saying that he is decorating for Shaun's birthday which is not until April. He has also been talking about forming a family band. Last night he told me that he will play the guitar, Emma will play the piano, Daddy will play the drums, and I will sing. Then, he started thinking about the cymbals and the rhythm sticks and decided, after some deliberation, that Grammy would play the cymbals and Aunt Sue would play the rhythm sticks. His daddy has also taught him the words to a few country songs, so he has been singing some adult music which is very funny because he inevitably stumbles over some of the words.
No comments:
Post a Comment