Monday, March 28, 2011

Last Month of Infancy

Emma's 11 months old today! And, we're already planning for her big birthday party. Minnie Mouse is the theme (as in Minnie from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so it's a pink and black color scheme).

But, to focus on her 11 month-old stage. She actually can scoot herself forward while laying on the floor, but it's in a desperate attempt to get to me, so she's crying when she does it. She's still not crawling, and she's not getting her knees under herself to get back into sitting or into a position to "pull up." But, we're not overly concerned because she does great walking and standing with support. She might be one of those kids that never crawls.

She's been eating more people food, and she's still working on a sippy cup. I've noticed that she's imitating the actual sounds and inflections of our words, so I expect her to say a few more things over the next month or two. She's still into "da da da," and it's possible she is starting to associate it with daddy. She is a jabberjaws just like her brother was, so she is almost always making some noise or another. She loves when I sing Old Macdonald and the ABC's, and she's gotten really interested in story time lately. Her favorites stories are Brown Bear and Bright Baby Animals. It amazes me that she will sit and listen, even if it is for a 30 second book. Of course her favorite TV show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! And, she's got the most loving Big Brother. I cannot believe how many times a day Rhett greets her with a big hug, kiss, "I love you," etc. Apparently, she's also made good friends with Rocky too (don't worry this was a split-second thing, can't believe I caught it on camera)...



She's a happy girl on her 11 month old birthday. It's probably because she loves the flash of the camera. And, the ear tubes seem to be helping. We've noticed a happier demeanor this past week!



No comments:

Post a Comment