Friday, June 18, 2010

4th Anniversary

So, after four years of marriage, my husband proved that he really 'gets' me. He got me a wonderful surprise gift since we weren't supposed to buy gifts this year. It's a purse that is tan and girly pink! I absolutely love it, and was very shocked. I justified not getting him a gift (that's what we agreed on) after remembering several gifts he has given me that really were gifts for himself (think iPOD). Actually, now that I think about it, he did wonderful for Mother's Day too. I got a spa giftcard, and while I am not really a spa girl, I have fond memories of a spa trip a couple of months postpartum with Rhett, so I know I will appreciate this one very soon!

We had a wonderful evening. Grammy, Poppy, and Nanny spent time with the kids (including keeping Rhett over night) while we went to Suga's for dinner. The food was great, and I had my first glass of wine in about 10 months. While we were eating, we fondly remembered our intentions of going to Hawaii for this anniversary (with the intention of having a newborn around our 5th anniversary). Since Emma graced us with her presence this year instead, we will definitely plan a trip for the 5th anniversary. I have certain goals before I turn 30 that include an unforgettable 5th anniversary as well as a trip to Hawaii, so we'll be cutting it close with a 5th anniversary Hawaii trip.

While I know Grammy and Poppy had their hands full with Rhett at bedtime last night, Emma gave us an anniversary present too. She slept from 10:30p until 7:00a, and then was back asleep by 7:45a...must have been that glass of wine I drank. For all those sleep-deprived new mamas out there, please know that she sleeps in my arms so it's not like I get quality sleep.

Here are the pictures just before we headed out to dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment