Thursday, June 3, 2010

Poker chips are not the kind of chips you eat...

Well, Emma seems to be confusing the evening with night time. She has been taking her good, long nap in the late afternoon and then won't sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time at night. Yes, I have tried waking her and keeping her awake a couple of hours before bedtime, but NOTHING will wake her when she is in this deep sleep. Between yesterday and today, the only place that I can get her to sleep outside of my arms is in her swing. (Too bad the swing is battery operated. I will have to update in a couple of weeks with the total dollar amount spent on batteries.)

This photo was taken at exactly 5 weeks old. I also had my postpartum check up, and everything is great. Rhett told me this morning "you can't carry me??" (I told him that I couldn't carry him for the last couple of weeks because I have a big owwie.) And, I got to say "yes, I can carry and hold you!"



We had our first big storm in our new house last night, and of course it knocked the power out immediately. I'm a little concerned that we will have sensitive electricity lines out here. Needless to say, my whole household was awake at 6:30a which is usually my only chance for a shower. On a good day, both kids will still be asleep at 8:30a or 9:00a. So, in my effort to be creative and still preserve the "me" time of the morning, I convinced Rhett to cook for Big George his monkey at his new Cars table. When I checked on him, I noticed that he had served Big George with all green cooking/kitchen toys and himself with all red.



Since Emma is swing-sleeping in our main living room, and Rhett was playing so nicely in our bedroom, I just set him up with dominoes and poker chips to play with right next to me. Thus, the title of the blog post as Rhett quickly informed me that "these are not the chips for eating." And, now 10 minutes later, he reminded me once again that the chips are not the kind for eating. I can't help but wonder if he's trying to eat them when I turn my head. Surely cheap poker chips can't break teeth, right? Speaking of, if anyone knows a good pediatric dentist in our area, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment