Friday, June 11, 2010

Hairbows or in this case, hairflowers

My dad has been visiting over the last two days, and Rhett was so excited to have his "grandpaw" here to visit. The second my dad walked in the door, Rhett was saying "come play with me, come play with me." He cried when my dad sat down in the kitchen to eat, but Grandpa has lots of good tricks, and Rhett decided to join him at the table. They have had so much fun playing...they did the alphabet train floor puzzle several times which was followed by countless rounds of singing ABC's, they played at Chick Fil A, and they read lots of stories, and of course they played with the tool bench. Grandpa also returned Rhett's beloved George that was left at his house a couple of weeks ago. Rhett didn't miss George much, but he was quickly attached upon their reunion (note George's presence in the picture). Gotta love Emma's "happy" face in this one!



I realize that my pictures of Emma don't include hairbows. I was so excited about hairbows because they really define the baby as a "girl." No one tells you that the sizing of hairbows is a pain in the a**, and they either leave nasty indentions in my little girl's head or they fall into her eyes (especially when we're in the car and I can't see to help her...this often results in a bad car ride filled with cries). Needless to say, I have almost abandoned the hairbow idea until Emma has lots of head control, but this "hairflower" matched so perfectly that I had to use it yesterday.



Last night grandpa was getting Emma time. I guess his eyesight isn't the greatest. He couldn't find the almost clear pacifier in the Pack N Play, so he resorted to his pinky. She loved it! I'll have to remember this trick in the future, thanks Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment