Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wishing I had pictures to share...

Rhett Updates: Today Rhett and I did some finger painting for his first time. Unfortunately, something is going on with the camera (could be a dead battery, but I honestly can't tell for sure) so I didn't get a picture of our fun. Paint was on the clothes, up and down the arms, in the hair, and on his face including his lips.

I was also hoping to take a picture of him watching The Wiggles this morning, too. He loves that show (and so do I because that's when I can work on this blog), and it's amazing that he actually sits through a whole episode since he is not a TV kid at all. I'm encouraging The Wiggles now too because next week he will be going to Fiesta Texas and they have a Wiggles thing going on there. His trip will also include Sea World. I am counting on Grammy and Nanny to get good pictures on the trip :)

We're also finishing up swim lessons this week. He's made quite a bit of progress. The teacher even asked if I sit out of the pool for yesterday's lesson. The two main things he works on are swimming to the wall and floating on his back. Sometimes he forgets to kick when swimming to the wall, so that's what we work on most of the lesson. I think he likes the lazy aspect of floating on his back, so he does pretty well with that part. Needless to say, I haven't been able to get a picture at swim lessons either.

Emma Updates: Emma's patterns have continued. She sleeps from about 9:30p until 7:30a with usually one wake up between 3:00a and 5:00a. Then, she usually is back asleep in her swing an hour later. She will nap in the swing anywhere from 1-4 hours. Unfortunately, there is no pattern to her day after that point. I couldn't tell you how many times a day she eats nor could I tell you that she regularly gets a second nap. I'm hoping to work on a pattern/routine with her when Rhett goes on his trip. I also need to get her sleeping in her crib instead of in the bed with me, so I will be tackling this next week as well.

She is full of smiles, and her nickname is "nosy." If anyone is talking or making noise, she has to see what's going on. Shaun and I have laughed countless times when she gets her head right in between us right in the line of our eye contact. She tries to self-soothe by sucking on her hand, arm, thumb...or whichever part of her arms she can get in her mouth. I'm ready for her to just figure out the thumb (because she seems destined to do it) so she stops getting so frustrated and so that her self soothing lasts a little longer. I would prefer a pacifier (knowing that we can take it away in a year), but she does NOT prefer a pacifier. I guess she has a thing for skin.

I wish I knew how big she is...I can tell she's growing lots! Her 2 month doctor appointment is June 28, so I'll get her stats soon.

In other news: I will be going back to work on July 19, which is just 4 and a 1/2 weeks away. We're excited because we didn't think it would work out since my job is in Houston, and we live 2 hours away. But, for the time being, my employer has agreed to let me work from home 3-4 days a week and then commute 1-2 days a week. I have a lot to do to prepare for this (potty training, Emma sleeping by herself on a schedule, setting up an office, figuring out childcare, etc.) so I am very overwhelmed. I didn't expect this to work out, so I just assumed I had an extra month or two before looking for employment around here. I really loved this job as a working mom, so this is great news for us! We're just keeping our fingers crossed that all the pieces will fall into place in the next couple of weeks to help ease the transition. The thought of being away from my kids for 10+ hours a day is pretty scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment