Friday, June 18, 2010

Certificate of Achievement

Yesterday Rhett was presented with his Certificate of Achievement for completing Mrs. Courtney's Swimming Lessons. Rhett is a "jabber jaws," and if I haven't said this before, he is an excellent talker. I tried to get him to say certificate, and he pretty much refused. I guess he's not quite ready for 4-syllable words yet. He did great on his last day and even got to jump off the diving board 3 times. I am hoping to get him in the pool a couple more times this summer to continue practicing what he learned.

Mrs. Courtney told Rhett to "crank up his kicking legs." Awhile later Rhett informed her that he "cranked off his kicking legs." Throughout swimming lessons, Mrs. Courtney would try to count to three before doing the various skills. She never figured out that he doesn't exactly understand that concept. Sometimes he would count before he did his skill, and it would usually go something like this "1...2...3, 4, 5" and he would take off. We also tried to get him to always ask "are you ready" before pushing or jumping off the wall. I don't think he really understood that concept either because he would always say "are you ready" and take off before Mrs. Courtney or I responded with "yes" or "no."

Most people know that I am a shopaholic when it comes to kids clothes. I couldn't resist the shark face on the "bum" of these trunks.



Here is Rhett with Mrs. Courtney.



And, here is an action shot. Mrs. Courtney's mom took video of Rhett yesterday for her website, so when I get a copy of that, we'll post it here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment