Thursday, June 24, 2010
Crib Time!!!
Rhett is in San Antonio for a couple of days with Grammy and Nanny, so I decided it was time to test some sleep strategies with Emma. While we didn't have a whole lot of luck with napping (which led to a screamfest in the evening), I did put Emma in her crib at night for the first time. Within 3 minutes of being put down, she was awake and squirming, but she wasn't crying (gasp). I decided I would not touch her in the night unless she was actually crying, and it worked out really well. She cried for the first time at 4am (which is a somewhat normal feeding time), went back to sleep 15 minutes later and slept until 8:30am. So, aside from one quick feeding, she was in her crib about 11 hours without stress. I am so proud of her. Wish us luck that this will continue and naps will begin to form. We've got just a little over 2 weeks before a nanny comes to our home for full-time care, and I really don't want any nanny turnover!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment