Saturday, July 31, 2010

Crib Time!

I couldn't resist posting today even though I posted yesterday. I am so PROUD of my baby girl! I was getting frustrated with the long night time routine trying to feed and rock her to sleep. Each night she would get fussy around 7:30, and I would have to sit with her until 9:00 or 10:00 at night until she was asleep and in her crib. At nap time, we had her sleeping in her swing in her room. She fell asleep pretty easily in her swing, so we didn't want to make changes. Well, recently she started crying in her swing, but she refused to fall asleep in my arms if Rhett is around, and of course Rhett is always around. Needless to say the combination of the two things made us decide that it was time for Emma to do all of her sleeping in her crib. And, she needed to fall asleep on her own regardless of how hard she cried.

Here's the rundown, we started Friday night. Put her in her crib at 8:30, she was asleep at 9:15 with maybe 10 minutes of crying during that time. She slept until 8:00am! Then, we tackled naps. First nap she cried for about 5 minutes and slept an hour. Second nap included maybe 1 minute of crying and slept 2 hours. Third nap involved 10 minutes of hard crying and slept 1 hour. Just got her down at 8:25pm tonight. She hasn't cried at all, and I think she fell asleep after about 15 minutes. I am so relieved and happy. I know it won't always be so easy, but now we know she can put herself to sleep. To celebrate our success, I took some pictures of my happy baby in her crib.





And, I couldn't resist this one. Here is her first pair, but definitely not her last pair, of Rhett's hand-me-down Converse! I love the girly socks with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment