Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spikes!

We tried styling Rhett's hair for a birthday party this week. He calls this look his "spikes!" They didn't last long enough to get to the party, but they were cute while they lasted.



We always love seeing the kids play together. They were having sweet moments on the play mat yesterday. At one point, Rhett lifted up Emma's mirror and showed it to her. Then, he pointed to her reflection and told her "that's Emma." If I remember correctly, babies are around 9 months or so before they understand that it's their own reflection in the mirror. Usually when Emma and I are looking in the mirror, I just tell Emma "smile at the baby" or "if you fuss at the baby, you will make her cry." It's funny because when she smiles in the mirror, her smiling reflection will make her keep smiling. But, a fussy expression will make her cry.





It's funny what toddlers come up with sometimes. This is what Rhett told me yesterday verbatim "I don't want to go in the TV sometimes. I just want to stay with Mommy." Not sure where he got that idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment