Thursday, July 8, 2010

Updates...

No exciting pictures this time, but I thought I would share some updates anyway...

We are gearing up for Casey to start watching the kids. She will be starting full-time next week (one week of training with me prior to my return to work the following week). She came over yesterday to spend the day with me and observe our routine. Rhett must have been feeling comfortable with her because when she changed his diaper, he said "do you wove me?" I think they are off to a good start!

Rhett has definitely been pushing the limits in his terrible 2's phase. So, we're working on his behavior these days. He continues to impress us with his ability to talk and communicate, but he is also trying to climb on everything (standing on toy bins, climbing bookshelves, climbing on top of kitchen drawers, etc.).

Emma has slept through the night 3 nights in a row (spoke too soon, we had a middle of the night wake up the day of this post). She has been going about 9.5 to 10 hours by herself in her crib at night. It's amazing! I don't think Rhett did this for consecutive nights until he was about 4 months, so this is a big accomplishment. It might be because she doesn't nap much during the day. She takes a long morning nap in her swing, and then takes 2-3 catnaps either in my arms or in her swing the rest of the day. She is a happy girl though. She bats at her toys that hang down above her on her playmat, and I've caught her grabbing onto a toy from time to time. She also grabs her hair and mine, ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment